There are the obvious ways in which you can stay healthy and “live a long happy life,” but I want to talk about some of my favorite tips to being healthy. I know what it takes to be a healthy person, but it’s even hard for me sometimes. I read other peoples’ blogs sometimes to give myself motivation. Sometimes your mind isn’t enough. Sometimes you need other people to give you that push that you need to keep going. I’ve said it many times before and I’ll say it again: food and fitness are not the only aspects of health. I like to help people be healthy, but it’s going to take more than my words and my tips for you to follow through with your goals. One of my favorite tips is to cook meals that you know will fill you up. Also, make sure that it is something that you will enjoy eating, and that it will satisfy your cravings. The worst feeling ever is filling up on a bunch of food and realizing that you are still “hungry,” because you have a craving for something more. Listen to your body when it tells you it needs something sweet. There are healthy things that are sweet. Eat an orange! Another tip what I have for my viewers is to be honest with yourself. If you’re lying to yourself, how do you expect someone else to be truthful with you?! I’m talking honesty in all aspects. For example, for one, be honest with yourself if you need a cheat meal. It’s okay to have a cheat meal to get through the week. Your week is going to be just horrible if you are constantly drowning yourself in lettuce. That’s the physical aspect about being honest with yourself. The mental part about being honest is that you need to just be an honest person overall. You attract what you give. You don’t want to get caught up with what you think you want and what you really need. Also, do not put too much on your body (or mind) that it cannot handle. Only you know what is too much, what is just enough, and what isn’t enough. You have to push yourself in all aspects of life but not to the point of no survival.
Relationships are another huge aspect to living an overall healthy life. You accept the love you think you deserve. That is why it’s so important to not only have a healthy body, and a health mind, but also a love for yourself. You have to love yourself enough to know what you deserve. If someone isn’t making any positive contributions to your life, then in all reality, they have no point in being there. Also, if there are more negative aspects to a relationship rather than positives, it’s time to let go. Negativity in your relationships effects you more than you realize. It effects your confidence and your overall well being. Unfortunately, you are setting the standard for all of the following people to enter your life. They have to know how they need to treat you in order to stay in your life. If you allow people to walk all over you, they’re going to.
Another thing that I want to touch on is family. Some people in your life will come and go. Friends will most likely come and go. Boyfriends/girlfriends will come and go but family is blood and family is forever. You can’t get rid of them. You were put with them for a reason and they are there to get you through the times when you feel as if you have no one. Yes, you may fight with your family. In fact, I fight more with my family than I do with my friends. But, I also forgive them much faster than anyone else. I know that they know me better than anyone else. They’ve known me longer than anyone else in my life and so has your family. While sometimes you may feel as though they don’t know what you want… they know what you need and that’s more important.
Another huge part of living a healthy life is sleep. I’m sure you know that you’re supposed to get enough sleep every night, but did you know that too much sleep is horrible for you? Did you know that there is a significant correlation between too much sleep and weight gain. I don’t know the entire reason for that, but I do know that skipping breakfast is bad for your metabolism so I’m sure that that has something to do with it. For me, if I know that I have a long day ahead of me, I make sure that I get to bed very really. Ever since I got a Fitbit, I noticed how horrible my sleeping patterns are. Sometimes I’ll go to bed around 10 and wake up at 8 and I’ll still be exhausted. So, I check my Fitbit and I see that I only got 5 hours of sleep. I am obsessed with my Fitbit because it is so accurate. My dad wears one too and his says he gets good sleep, so it is different for everyone but I am so glad that I got one, because now I know why I have been so tired throughout the day after thinking I got 8+ hours of sleep.
Worrying about your health and trying to keep your health at its top game are genuine concerns. With the growing concerns and rising stress of our daily lives and work, it becomes hard for most people to spend some time with just themselves to keep their health better. Here are some simple tricks and tips to make your life better:
Drink Water: Drinking enough water is one of the best things to do to fix your health. Most people do not drink enough water, and this is why many bodily functions are not performed as they should be. Take care to drink more water during summers and keep your intake of water at a steady level for winters.
Exercise! Exercising does not only mean hitting the gym. It is recommended that fast pace walking during the days and other methods of mild exercise will keep your body at its fittest. Regular exercising offers many benefits – it not only reduces excess body fat but also allows your body to breathe.
Sleeping Well: Messed up sleep cycles are one of the major causes for a bad health during this generation. Although work and other things are important, the sleep of at least 7 to 8 hours is an absolute requirement for your body. Not sleeping enough can cause undue stress on your body and will increase the release of leptin, which is a hunger-stimulating hormone, making you crave foods now and again. Other than this, sleeping on time and for the requisite amount allows your body to rejuvenate and helps your mind work better.
Healthy Diet: Our fast-paced lives have not only hampered our sleep but have messed up our eating habits as well. Keeping track of what you is the best way to start a healthy living. Switch to greens and berries and try to eat as many fruits as possible. Furthermore, a balanced diet should be taken to keep your health at its prime.
Travel! Just controlling what you are eating and exercising is not enough. Socialising more and traveling from place to place regularly can greatly help to boost your health. This will allow you to get rid of your pent-up stress and will allow you to relax. In some cases, it may even release your body’s happy hormones that will keep you and your mind healthy.
These are very simple tips to follow. Make sure you adopt a few this year and give your health the boost that it needs.
Baking soda is not just an ingredient you use in your cooking efforts to make the best chocolate chip cookies. Believe it or not, this item has a ton of uses in home cleaning, which you will do well to consider the next time you are engaged in any such activity. It is an excellent abrasive, which is quite effective and also gentle enough. It possesses superb deodorising properties and can easily be your go-to solution for some cleaning emergencies. Here are some of the uses you should know about:
- Remove bad odours from a fridge – if you are worried that last night’s yummy but smelly fish dish will leave a lasting scent in your fridge, you should know that baking soda is the solution to this problem. It can absorb any negative smells in the refrigerator so that they don’t linger inside and transfer to other foods in the area.
- Clean stains from plastic food containers – food leftovers usually leave a mark on food containers. To clean them, you must wipe with a sponge and the soda. Alternatively, you can remove stains by soaking them in a solution of 4 tbsp. baking soda with a quart of warm water. That is a quick and scrub-free method of cleaning plastic containers.
- Scrub kitchen surfaces – keeping kitchen surfaces clean is a must since that is where you prepare your food. You will be happy to learn that pretty much every area in there can be cleaned with the aid of baking soda. When you combine it with water, you can pretty much deal with the gunk on stainless steel sinks, cooking utensils, range hood, microwave and other small appliances as well as countertops. Baking soda sure is quite universal.
- Deal with greasy pans and dishes – when your cooking efforts result in a mess; you can quickly deal with the aftermath. Baked-on food can be addressed with a pinch of it and dish soap. Pretty much all you need to dissolve the greasy stains is a hot water soak of dirty items, a scrub sponge and some baking soda. Well, some elbow grease as well.
- Remove musty smell from upholstery – if your soft furnishings have developed an unpleasant musty smell, it is time to banish it with it. Sprinkle a generous amount of soda on the surfaces and let it sit for 15 minutes. Then, vacuum up the area. It works like a charm on your mattress too! You can also use it to remove strong odours from pet beds, as a safe alternative to any other cleaning solution out there.
- Freshen smelly shoes – your gym class shoes may not be the most pleasant thing in the world, but you can still freshen them by sprinkling some soda inside. Tap out any amount of soda before wearing them again, or use the vacuum cleaner.
As you can see, baking soda is quite versatile in cleaning multiple areas of your home. It is up to you to include this fantastic solution in your cleaning rounds – it is cheap and eco-friendly!